Widely known for adding spice and flavour to many popular dishes, the ginger root has a variety of benefits and uses that reach far beyond the culinary realm. Taken from the underground stem of the ginger plant, Ginger essential oil has warming and soothing properties that make it useful in everyday life. Taken internally, doTERRA Ginger essential oil can be used to ease occasional nausea and aid in digestion.
Where to Buy Ginger Oil
If you are ready to buy Ginger oil for your personal use, visit our ‘How to purchase doTERRA oils’ page and learn how to order. Sourced from Madagascar, doTERRA Ginger essential oil is pure, potent, and thoroughly tested to ensure safe aromatic, topical, and internal use.
- Because of its soothing properties, Ginger oil may help reduce occasional nausea when taken internally —making it a good essential oil to carry with you on-the-go. When you experience occasional moments of nausea, you’ll want a bottle of Ginger oil close by. Just take a drop or two in water to help ease your discomfort. When you take a long car ride or drive along winding roads, diffuse Ginger oil in the car or place a drop of Ginger in the palm of your hand and inhale to enjoy its calming, soothing aroma. You can also apply Ginger oil topically, diluting with Fractionated Coconut Oil, as part of a soothing abdominal massage.
- Ginger essential oil may help reduce bloating and gas when taken internally. This benefit can be helpful before a big workout, especially if you are feeling bloated or uncomfortable.
- Have you tried adding Ginger essential oil to your diffuser blends? You can diffuse Ginger oil in the essential oil diffuser of your choice to help create a balanced, grounded feeling. If you feel your energy lagging in the late afternoon, diffuse Ginger oil for an extra emotional boost.
- To help support healthy joint function and for antioxidant benefits, add one drop of Ginger essential oil to your morning smoothies.
- The warm, earthy nature of Ginger essential oil makes it useful for massage. When you want a stimulating or warming massage, dilute Ginger oil with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut oil and apply topically. Due to its chemical makeup, Ginger oil is known as a soothing essential oil. Essential oils like Ylang Ylang and Myrrh oil share similar chemical components with Ginger oil, and are also known for their soothing properties.
- 50grams melted grass-fed butter (can use coconut oil if vegan or dairy-free)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup pitted dates
- ½ cup raw buckwheat kernels/groats
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 15-20 drops of doTERRA ginger essential oil
- Optional: 50grams of chocolate to melt and spread over the top. Your choice of choc.
- Melt butter (or coconut oil) and blend with dates in your food processor until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and process until combined. Press into a container like a Chinese take-out container and pop in the fridge until set.
- Optional: Chocolate to melt and pour over the top. You can simply melt 50grams of chocolate of your choice and drop some buckwheat into the top. To do this, pop choccie in a bowl over a small pot of simmering water. Pour over the Gingernut and freeze or refridgerate until set.