- 1/2 cup buckwheat (you can use buckinis or buckwheat kernels if you like). Buckwheat is a protein packed seed that is gluten free. It has a rich nutty flavour.
- 1/2 cup dates (soaked in boiling water for 5 mins and strained well)
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 2 tbs melted coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 ripe avocados, skin and stone removed
- 60 g (2 oz / 1/2 cup) raw cacao
- 125 ml (4 fl oz / ½ cup) organic maple syrup
- 125 ml (4 fl oz / 1/2 cup) coconut cream
- 60 ml (2 fl oz / ¼ cup) cold-pressed coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean extract
- pinch of sea salt
- 12 drops of doTERRA Wild Orange Essential Oil
Pulse almonds and buckinis in your food processor until they’re in rough chunks. Remove. Process dates and melted coconut oil in your food processor until fairly smooth and then add almonds back in along with vanilla bean paste and sea salt. Pulse until combined.
Press into your rectangle container (roughly the same size as a Chinese take-out container), lined with baking paper.
Even out and pop in the freezer while you make the mousse.
Process avocado, coconut oil and coconut cream along with vanilla, wild orange essential oil. Add raw cacao powder and salt and process until smooth. Spread over the base and refridgerate until set. (roughly 3 hours). Other doTERRA essential oils that could be used: Spearmint, Peppermint, Ginger