I adore experimenting with new foods and flavour with my essential oils. I always love to use oils I know have fantastic antioxidant properties and healthful benefits, because who doesn’t love knowing that what we’re eating is not only great for our skin, but also acts to keep us glowing and looking youthful!
- 1 cup shredded carrots (in a food processor or grater)
- 1 cup tightly packed pitted dates
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup pecans
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil (or melted cacao butter for a more caramel flavour)
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 2 drops doTERRA cinnamon essential oil
- 3 drops doTERRA wild orange essential oil
- 1 drop doTERRA ginger essential oil (optional)
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup soaked cashews (6-8 hours is best)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup xylitol
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla bean extract
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces for decorating
- 2 drops doTERRA wild orange or lemon essential oil
- Base: Mix dates in a food processor until they break up and. Break up the date ‘clump’ into a few chunks to spread it evenly throughout the food processor.
- Add the pecans, carrots, essential oils, nutmeg, coconut flour, coconut oil and coconut flakes together to the food processor with the date paste and combine until mixed together.
- Line a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper
- Place the base mixture in the cake tin and place in the freezer while you make the icing.
- Icing: Add soaked cashews, coconut milk, xylitol, vanilla bean extract and coconut oil. Blend until a silky smooth icing forms.
- Remove the cake tin from the freezer and using a large serrated bread knife, (carefully) slice across into two layers.
- Using a spatula spread the icing over the base, place another layer on the cake and spread the remaining icing over the cake. Sprinkle with pecan pieces and gently push into the icing with your finger to secure.
- Place the loaf pan back in the freezer, 4 hours minimum (overnight is best).