Guys, I have made a lot of brownies in my time. And this is without a doubt the absolute best gluten-free brownie recipe I have ever made. It is decadent, rich, chewy, gooey and fudgey. Make it yourself and tell me it isn’t simply delicious! You won’t. Guaranteed!
You will make this again and again for ALL of your friends and family and ‘bring a plate’ events. (Or hide in the pantry and eat it all yourself!)
The primary school fete was the weekend just past and each family was given a plate and instructions for baking something for the cake stall.
While this recipe is not fructose free, I was able to create the most incredibly delicious, fudgey, gooey, chewy, vegan + gluten-free chocolate brownie recipe that we could easily double and keep half at home for the family.
- ½ cup almond butter (I use the Vitamix to blend my almond butter – it takes about 5-10minutes and then I allow it to sit in the blender for 30mins while the ‘butter’ softens)
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 2 tbs applesauce (you can buy this at the supermarket, steam/stew your own apples and blend, or use a organic baby-food jar as I did for this)
- 3 tbs coconut sugar
- 1 tbs almond milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 tbs almond flour
- 2 tbs raw cacao powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup chocolate chips (I cut up a 1/3 block of Loving Earth chocolate for these)
- Add one drop of wild orange or peppermint or grapefruit essential oil
- Add 3 tsp of granulated coffee powder
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350 degrees F).
- Grease an 8×4″ with coconut oil, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together almond flour, raw cacao powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- On the stovetop gently warm almond butter and coconut oil until melted. Stir until combined.
- Add applesauce, coconut sugar, almond milk and vanilla. Stir well.
- Gently fold in mini chocolate chips (Or cut up choccie)
- Spread batter in your prepared 8×4” loaf pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until just barely set. Let cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting.
- The longer you bake, the heartier and less gooey they become. Bake at 12 minutes and leave to sit for 5-10 minutes for a gooey brownie that is still able to be sliced into squares.
- Remember this makes only about 6 brownies, To make more simply double the recipe and bake in a larger pan.