I love being able to make delicious and healing meals for the family that cost next to nothing, are full of flavour, are kid friendly and take hardly a few minutes to make.
We picked up some organic, free-range beef briskets this week and slow-cooked them with really simple ingredients.
The girls love theirs on a bed of potato or sweet potato mash and some corn on the side. The man and I ate ours with fried cabbage and garlic and roasted cauliflower, but you can experiment with yours and get yourselves eating the rainbow whenever possible.
Slow-Cooked Beef Brisket
- 1 tbs coconut oil or fat for frying
- 4 x beef brisket (beef ribs)
- 1 brown onion, cut into chunks
- 2-3 cloves of garlic cut into fine pieces
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups broth or good quality beef stock (here’s a post on how to make your own broth and why you should!)
- 2-3 tbs honey, to your taste
- salt and pepper + dried herbs of your choice (like thyme and oregano)
- In a frypan, add the oil or fat and fry ribs over medium heat until browned on all sides then place in the slow-cooker
- Fry onion and garlic in the frypan also until browned and add to slow-cooker
- Add remaining ingredients, stir though and cook in the slow-cooker for 6-8 hours on medium.
Serve with your favourite vegetable sides!
Hey, we though you might like to see the amazing Pulled-Beef Tortillas Recipe we made with the left-overs the next day.