|Just Fair Coffee is roasted fresh in Melbourne daily form the best coffee Peru, Honduras and Papua New Guinea has to offer. Just Fair Coffee is 100% Fairtrade and organic that ensures the farmers receive a fair price for the coffee grown and sustainable for the environment.|
“As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be?”
― Cassandra Clare
I’m a pretty healthy eater and I make sure I have a balanced life and a balanced diet. I am also a mad-fan of coffee. My husband Cam says that I am like the angriest monster when I get up in the morning (nothing to do with kids waking me up at 5am of course) but as soon as I get my caffeine hit, I turn into Maria from the Sound of Music. Instant euphoria!
And the taste. I LOVE it!
When I’ve got my pj’s and uggies on and have been woken at sparrows-fart, I can’t always head down to my local for my morning hit, which is why we keep a stash of high-quality coffee at home too.
Because no-one likes an angry Mummy.
We only use fairtrade coffee and Griffiths make a great range that has a healthy, organic coffee kick
What’s Fairtrade coffee?
There are around 25 million coffee farmers in the world and the crops don’t yield a high financial return for these growers, even though coffee remains one of the most profitable primary products in the world.
The Fairtrade Standards for coffee operate as security in an unpredictable market for farmers who are mostly residing in developing countries. Fairtrade provides the farmers with a safety net so that they know they will get a fair price for their product that at least covers the average cost of a sustainable coffee production.
Just Fair Coffee is roasted and produced by Griffiths Bros., Australia’s oldest coffee roaster based in Melbourne since 1879. Griffiths Bros. has been proudly 100% Australian owned and operated for 136 years. Just Fair Coffee is the only Fairtrade and organic coffee on the market that comes in a 100% recyclable and reusable tin. The Just Fair Coffee range is available in whole beans, ground, single origin Papua New Guinea and delicious hot chocolate, and has recently expanded to become available in a range of Nespresso compatible capsules (that are 100% biodegradable – umm awesome!).
That’s why we always buy Fairtrade.
I made a flourless espresso hazelnut mudcake for my husbands Birthday last week and it was seriously amazing. I have to share the recipe with you because I know you’ll love it too.
It’s rich, and yes, there’s sugar in it, which is unlike my typical recipes, but I’ll make an exception because YUM etc.
Make sure to ‘Pin’ the image and share the recipe if it tickles your taste-buds and please consider buying Fairtrade the next time you get your caffeine fix.
Recipe for the Espresso Hazelnut Mudcake
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped. I use Loving Earth.
- 150g butter, chopped
- 6 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup evaporated cane juice (or organic sugar or coconut sugar)
- 1 1/2 cups hazelnut meal
- 1/3 cup warm brewed espresso coffee
- Preheat oven to 170°C/150°C fan-forced. Grease a 6cm-deep, 20cm (base) round cake pan. Line base and side with baking paper.
- Combine chocolate and butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place egg yolks and sugar in a bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until thick and creamy. Add chocolate mixture. Beat to combine. Add hazelnut meal. Beat to combine.
- Place eggwhites in a bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat until soft peaks form. Using a metal spoon, stir one-third of eggwhites into chocolate mixture. Gently fold remaining eggwhite through chocolate mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre has moist crumbs clinging.
- With a skewer, poke holes all over the surface of the cake. Slowly pour the 1/3 cup brewed espresso coffee over and allow to sit in the tin for another hour.
- Turn out onto a wire rack or cake stand.
This post is part of a Nuffnang native advertising series.
Just Fair Coffee is roasted fresh in Melbourne daily form the best coffee Peru, Honduras and Papua New Guinea has to offer. Just Fair Coffee is 100% Fairtrade and organic that ensures the farmers receive a fair price for the coffee grown and sustainable for the environment.