What we refer to as “avocado” is the fruit of the avocado tree, called Persea americana.
This fruit is prized for its high nutrient value and is added to all sorts of dishes due to its good flavour and rich texture. It is the main ingredient in guacamole.
These days, the avocado has become an incredibly popular food among health conscious individuals. It is often referred to as a superfood… which is not surprising given its health properties.
There are many kinds of avocados, and the shape (from pear-shaped to round) and colour (from green to black) can vary between them. They can also weigh anywhere from 8 ounces (220 grams) to 3 pounds (1.4 kg).
Most fruit consists primarily of carbohydrate, while avocado is high in healthy fats.
These next-level recipes using the humble avocado will blow your mind.
1. Make Delicious Chocolate Truffles
3. Healthy Avocado Black Bean Brownie
4. Create The Most INCREDIBLE Chocolate Mousse
5. Chocolate Avocado Popsicles
6. Sweet Potato Nachos with Avocado Cilantro Cream
7. Stuffed Avocados
8. Vegan Angel Food Cake with Avocado Coconut Cream Frosting
Yes there is some refined sugar in this recipe. However you can find a substitute if you like. I simply couldn’t go past the use of avocado and chickpea brine in this recipe and found it rather intriguing.
9. Healthy Avocado Chocolate Cookies
10. Avocado Pesto Zucchini Noodles