Vegan Lemon + Mango Cheesecake
Author: Alice NIcholls
Recipe type: Vegan, Gluten-free, dairy-free + healthy
- ½ cup buckwheat (you can use buckinis or toasted buckwheat kernels if you like). Buckwheat is a protein packed seed that is gluten free. It has a rich nutty flavour.
- ½ cup dates (soaked in boiling water for 5 mins and strained well)
- ½ cup raw almonds
- 2 tbs melted coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup raw cashew nuts (Soaked for 3 hours in filtered water)
- ⅔ cup coconut cream
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- ⅓ cup cut frozen mango (leave a few chunks to drop into the top of the cake)
- ⅓ -1/2 cup Maple Syrup (aim for less)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 10-15 drops of doTERRA Lemon Essential Oil
- Base: Pulse almonds and buckwheat in your food processor until they’re in rough chunks. Remove. Process dates and melted coconut oil in your food processor until fairly smooth and then add almonds back in along with vanilla bean paste and sea salt. Pulse until combined.
- Press into your rectangle container (roughly the same size as a Chinese take-out container), lined with baking paper.
- Even out and pop in the freezer while you make the cheesecake
- Cake: To make the smoothest cheesecake, you will need a high-powered blender. Process the soaked cashews, mango, coconut cream and melted coconut oil together with the lemon essential oil and maple syrup until completely smooth. Spread over the top of your base, drop some mango into the top and leave to set in the freezer for 2 hours.
- Other doTERRA essential oils that could be used: Grapefruit, Kumquat, Sweet Mandarine, Lime
Super Simple Vegan Lemon + Mango Cheesecake was last modified: June 13th, 2017 by