I adore seeing people’s faces when they bite into an essential-oil-infused treat, and there’s no doubt that the quality of these oils adds to that clarity of flavour.
Ginger essential oil has a soothing effect on the digestive system, cinnamon essential oil has incredibly high antioxidant properties and the wild orange essential oil support of the lymphatic system and increases skin health.
- 1 cup dates, packed
- 1 cup nuts (I used 1/2 cup almonds and 1/2 cup cashews)
- 2 cups oats
- 2 tbs pure maple syrup (optional)
- 10 drops of doTERRA Ginger Essential Oil
- 1 drop doTERRA Cinnamon Essential Oil
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
- 50 grams organic dark chocolate (I use the Green and Blacks brand).
- 4 drops of doTERRA Wild Orange Essential Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachio nuts
- In a food processor, process dates until they break into small pea-sized pieces
- Add in nuts and process until well combined,
- Add oats and continue to process until ‘dough’ comes together to form a ball
- Add maple syrup if using
- Continue processing until everything is well combined. Dough will be somewhat sticky but should still hold a shape.
- Add in doTERRA cinnamon and ginger essential oil
- Scoop teaspoons of the ‘dough’ out and roll into balls. Place between baking paper and either using the palm of your hand or a rolling pin, roll flat.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or microwave, add wild orange essential oil and dip your ‘cookies’ into the chocolate mix, allowing it to coat half of the cookie
- Sprinkle chopped pistachios on the chocolate while it’s still wet
- Keep in refrigerator for several weeks or in the freezer for months.