Green smoothies can make up a wonderful and nutrient dense part of our diet.
As part of our Gentle Three Day Cleanse (3Dc), we’re having a room temperature, simple and delicious green smoothie for breakfast.
This gentle cleanse includes healing and nutrient dense foods that our digestive system finds incredibly simple to process. Allowing for optimum healing, renewing and re-setting.
Here’s only some of the benefits that we may experience introducing healthy green smoothies to our diet.
- Rich With Chlorophyll
- Excellent Source Of Minerals For Healthy Bones
- Reduce Cravings
- Clearer Skin
- Increased fibre intake
- Mental clarity and focus
- Easy Digestibility and Nutrient Assimilation
- Increased intake of fruits and vegetables, particularly greens (also by crowding in healthier options crowds out less healthy stomach-fillers)
I have specifically left out high fructose fruits from this smoothie recipe. You may like to add half a banana as you introduce this to your diet, however if you are going to be following the 3dC (Gentle Three Day Cleanse please do try to keep the fruit-sugars to a minimum.
I try to have a light smoothie in the morning however if you feel like you want deep satiation then I recommend adding either half and avocado or even some coconut meat to this smoothie.
- 1 whole Lebanese cucumber
- 1 mango cheek
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 handful of baby spinach
- 1 drop lemon essential oil
- half an avocado
- coconut meat
- Blend all ingredients in your high-powered blender.