Chewy Chocolate Biscuits didn’t have the same ring to it. So I’m sticking with ‘cookies’, even if it is not a very Australian thing to call a ‘biscuit’. Cookie seems rightly fitting as by all accounts we have a few Cookie Monsters in our house. These were demolished before I could even finish taking pictures of them, as you can see with the lil’ hand creeping into the frame in the picture above.
That wasn’t a staged shot. No Siree! That was a real life COOKIE MONSTER stealing Mamma’s prop cookies and leaving a wake of crumbs around the house.
I am not one to get mad at my child and because I knew how utterly delicious they are I wasn’t one to hold a grudge. I simply snapped that camera shutter more quickly and devoured the rest before hubby could get home, so we had to make a second batch. I do believe my brain is now officially made up of 50% awesomeness and 50% cacao.
Make these babies and let me know what you think!
Pre-heat oven to 170C
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- 3 tbls coconut flour
- 3 tbls cacao powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (or essence)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Mix almond meal, coconut flour, cacao and baking powder in a bowl
- Beat egg with a fork and add to the flours along with apple cider vinegar, olive oil, vanilla bean paste and rice malt syrup
- Mix until well combined
- Adding a little bit of olive oil to the palm of your hand so the cookies don’t ‘stick’ roll into balls and flatten slightly with your other palm.
- Place into a baking paper lined tray and pop into the oven for 12 mins
- Cool on a rack and eat before anyone else gets home!