This incredible mousse is vegan, healthy and ‘kinda-pretty-much’ paleo. Plus it’s absolutely delicious and flavoured using Mother Nature Medicine, pure organic essential oil.
It’s packed with healthy fats and greens and if you’re the type of Mumma who thrills at
sneaking packing some green goodness into your kids meals that they will never know about. This mousse takes the cake, errr, I mean mousse.
I made this mousse for the first time recently for an essential oils event I ran at my place to show how incredibly delicious and versatile the oils can be. While this mousse is flavoured with peppermint oil, you could add grapefruit, wild orange, lemon or lime essential oil to create your own incredibly robust flavoured mousse.
The ingredients are so simple to find and you can rest assured that a small amount of this mousse will fill you up and keep your energy levels high for hours. This is due to the healthy fat content and low carbohydrate levels.
I use my favourite Vitamix to blend this mousse to a super-smooth consistency, however you can use a stick-blender or regular blender (if you don’t have a Vitamix yet ;).
Serves 6 (or more… as a little goes a long way)
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or rice malt syrup
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- pinch of sea-salt
- 4 drops pure organic peppermint essential oil
- Blend avocado with melted coconut oil until smoother than a baby’s bum
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth, scraping down sides as you need.
- Scrape into a bowl and refridgerate until firm.
- ** If it’s too thick to blend you can add some water or coconut milk, a little at a time until it reaches a smooth consistency.