Unfortunately, since the weather became cooler here in Melbourne, we have had many the night-time occasion to spread this beautiful ‘Chesty-Rub’ across our chests and under the soles of our feet.
I knew there had to be a better, natural rub to support our family’s respiratory health, and of course there is. A natural, non-toxic ‘Chesty-Rub’ made using all natural ‘Mother Nature’ made ingredients that are so good for you you can eat them!
As a little added ‘bonus’ I also placed some lavender essential oil in these so it helps our littlies get a peaceful sleep.
Knowing how wonderful the ingredients are in these I feel safe rubbing them on our kids chests, safe knowing we are only putting healing properties onto their body’s biggest organ (the skin) and content knowing there’s always a better way.
Chesty Rub Recipe
- 1/8 cup organic beeswax beads/pastilles (I bought mine here on eBay in Australia + they are easy to find internationally too)
- 1/2 cup organic coconut oil
These are the amounts I used and I love the mix, you may experiment with others to see what you like also.
- 20 drops Eucalyptus
- 10 drops Peppermint
- 5 drops Frankincense
- 5 drops tea-tree (melaleuca)
- 5 drops Lavender
- bamboo skewer for stirring
- heavy bottomed cooking saucepan
- bowl that sits snugly into the saucepan but doesn’t touch the bottom
- measuring cup
- jar, tin or container for storage
- Create a double boiler, using a heavy bottomed cooking pot and your small bowl (this is where you boil water in the saucepan so that it heats the bowl without the bowl being in direct contact of the heat)
- Boil a small amount of water in the pot. (see above)
- Add the beeswax and coconut oil to the bowl using the measuring cup and stir to combine
- Remove from the heat and before it solidifies, add in your oils and stir to evenly distribute.
- Pour liquid into your storage containers.
- Allow mixture to harden. Speed up the process by placing the container in the refrigerator, if desired.
I hope you love this natural chesty rub, we certainly see huge value in using all natural, non-toxic ingredients.
After the combination of Integrative Dr’s, Naturopaths and friends introduced me to the benefits and value of adding essential oils to my (already-slaying I must say) functional medicine cabinet and kit-bag, I’m sharing the message of how to bring these intentional, healing oils into our lives as part of my offering through The Whole Daily.
If you want to know more about essential oils and how we use them, please email me directly at email@example.com or add your details here and I will contact you shortly.
All hail Mother Nature’s medicine cabinet!
In health, Alice. XX