There are numerous benefits you can receive from adding some grass-fed gelatin to your diet and I try to get either gelatin or collagen powder into my tummy and that of my kids at least 3 times a day.
Some of the many benefits include, but are not limited to the following support:
Skin Health + cell health, Anti-ageing, Wrinkles, Teeth, Hair and Nails, Stretch marks, Cellulite, Liver Detox, Weight loss, Digestion, Leaky Gut, Strong Bones Arthritis Support, High Metabolism, Adrenals, Hormone balance, Wound repair, Allergies, Muscle maintenance, Lowers Inflammation.
The brand of gelatin and collagen powders we use is Gelpro Australia Grassfed. We aren’t paid to say that, we just love them.
You want to buy the orange tub as the blue collagen tube powder is one that doesn’t solidify.
- 2 1/2 cups of kombucha. I’ve made these with Remedy Kombucha and I’ve tried lots of flavours and my fave – might be – Raspberry Lemonade. You get to experiment. YAY!
- 1/2 cup Peptipro Gelatin gelatin powder from
- 1/3 cup xylitol granules (a natural fructose free sweetener made from birch. You may want to use honey or maple syrup)
- 4 drops of doTERRA lemon essential oil
- Add 1/2 cup only of the kombucha along with the gelatin to a medium sized saucepan. Allow to ‘bloom’. (this just means the gelatin expands and absorbs the liquid/puffs up.
- Add xylitol to the saucepan.
- Turn on low heat and stir until the gelatin dissolves. (add a little more kombucha if needed)
- Remove from heat and stir through remaining gelatin + Essential Oil.
- The mix will foam up so tap the saucepan down onto the counter a few times to minimise the froth. 😉
- Transfer to a pouring jug with a small spout and pour into moulds. I like silicon ones as they allow the gummies to ‘pop’ out.
- Place gently in the fridge until set and pop-out when firm.
- Store in the fridge for a week. They won’t last that long though!